Citrus packing is all about protecting the fruit so it arrives to you clean, and as fresh as if you just picked the fruit from the tree. Peace River follows a safe, scientifically sound, and time-tested process for postharvest care of citrus that keeps the fruit fresh and tasty. Our process involves grading, washing, waxing, packing, and refrigeration.
- Grading, where we remove any fruit that does not meet USDA Grade #1 standards
- Washing the fruit gives it a nice appearance and ensures the peel is safe for consumption
- Waxing with natural carnauba wax prevents the fruit from drying and prolongs shelf life
- Packing is where we carefully package the citrus fruit into a bag or carton
- Refrigeration at 38° F to lock in the freshness
Packers at Peace River Packing Company